To support administrative efficiencies and NPI Standardization, effective July 1, 2022, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (BCBSTX) will no longer send postal mail notifications of the assigned BCBSTX Internal Provider Record ID. Providers can utilize their NPI for claims submission and eligibility and benefit inquiries. The BCBSTX Internal Provider Record IDs are not required in either instance.
See below for key points to help you prepare. Once your case has been processed, you will receive notification as follows:
- For Out-of-Network providers completing our Provider Onboarding Form, once your Provider Record ID is established, you will receive an email notification for Electronic Fund Transfer and Electronic Remittance Advice (EFT/ERA) information and a link to our provider website.
- For In-network (non-delegated) providers you will receive a Welcome notification by email to the submitter indicating the applicable added networks and with effective dates.
- For In-network (delegated) providers you may request a current in-network group roster from your assigned Network Management Consultant.
If you have any questions, contact:
- Out-of-Network providers: Customer Service at 1-800-451-0287
- In-Network: Local Network Management Office