Behavioral Health Contacts & Additional Information
Prior Authorization Managed by BCBSTX:
- Use Availity Authorization & Referrals tool
- Call 1-800-528-7264 or the number listed on the back of the member ID card.
- Submit completed Behavioral Health Forms to:
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas Behavioral Health Unit
PO Box 660241
Dallas, TX 75266-0241
Fax Number: toll-free 877-361-7646
Prior Authorization Managed by Magellan:
- Call 1-800-729-2422 or the number on the back of the member ID card.
Other Contact Information:
- For eligibility and benefits, contact Availity or other electronic vendor or call 1-800-451-0287, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. CST, M-F.
- For claim status, contact Availity or other electronic vendor.
- For claim adjustments, submit a Claim Review Form or call 1-800-451-0287, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m CST, M-F
- For contract questions, contact your Network Management office
All behavioral health benefits are subject to the terms and conditions as listed in the member’s benefit plan The Behavioral Health program is available only to those members whose health plans include behavioral health benefits through BCBSTX. Some members may not have outpatient behavioral health management. All behavioral health benefits are subject to the terms and conditions as listed in the member’s benefit plan.
Checking eligibility and/or benefit information and/or obtaining prior authorization is not a guarantee of payment. Benefits will be determined once a claim is received and will be based upon, among other things, the member’s eligibility and the terms of the member’s certificate of coverage, including, but not limited to, exclusions and limitations applicable on the date services were rendered. If you have any questions, call the number on the member’s ID card.
Availity is a trademark of Availity, LLC, a separate company that operates a health information network to provide electronic information exchange services to medical professionals. Availity provides administrative services to BCBSTX. BCBSIL makes no endorsement, representations or warranties regarding any products or services provided by third party vendors such as Availity. If you have any questions about the products or services provided by such vendors, you should contact the vendor(s) directly.