Personal Health Assistants — Help is Just a Phone Call Away
Do you want to make the most of your HealthSelectSM of Texas plan benefits? A Personal Health Assistant can help you every step of the way.
Personal Health Assistants are trained to help you and your covered family members make the best use of your health insurance benefits – and save you money. They can:
- Answer your questions about your plan’s benefits and coverage
- Tell you if a doctor, hospital or other provider is in the HealthSelect network
- Estimate the cost of health care services or procedures before you go to the doctor or hospital
- Tell you if you need a referral or prior authorization to see a health care provider or to schedule a service
- Check the status of your referrals and prior authorizations
- Make appointments for you
- Connect you with a nurse who can help you if you have received a diagnosis or if you are managing a medical condition
- Give you information about programs and tools available under your health plan, including disease management, wellness and weight loss programs, and useful web and mobile tools.
How can I talk to a Personal Health Assistant?
Personal Health Assistants are available by phone Monday-Friday from 7 am-7 pm CT, and on Saturday from 7 am-3 pm CT. Call a Personal Health Assistant toll-free at 800-252-8039.
Prefer to chat online? Personal Health Assistants are available online Monday-Friday from 8am – 5pm CT.