Assistance Available for Members Impacted by Flooding
We at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (BCBSTX) understand that a number of our members living, working or traveling in Texas may be impacted and/or displaced as a result of the flooding, tornadoes and severe weather that occurred over the weekend.
BCBSTX is prepared to assist you by:
- Explaining the options for accessing care
- Helping to locate a network provider, hospital or dialysis center
- Assisting with early refills of prescription medications
- Working to ensure transition of care or continuity of care needs are met
- Accessing your member identification information
Please follow these helpful tips:
- For an emergency situation, you should go directly to the nearest hospital.
- For non-emergency care needs, you can call the customer service number on the back of your member ID card to locate a network provider.
- When arriving at the participating doctor's office or hospital, you will need to present your BCBSTX ID card.
- If you do not have your member ID card our customer service representatives will assist you or you can log in to Blue Access for MembersSM on the BCBSTX website or access our mobile site to search for a doctor, access your ID card and more.
- BlueCard® participants (indicated by a suitcase on the member ID card) can call the National BlueCard access number to be routed to the appropriate customer service center.
Important Phone Numbers
- BCBSTX Customer Service for all group plan members: 800-521-2227
- BCBSTX Customer Service for individual/family policyholders: 888-697-0683
- BCBSTX Customer Service for Medicare Supplement policyholders: 800-654-9390
- Federal Employee Information: 800-442-4607
- National BlueCard access: 800-810-BLUE (2583)