If you are a member of the media with questions, please contact:
For all other questions,
please call 972-766-6900.
Assistance Available for Members Impacted by Tornadoes
We at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (BCBSTX) understand that a number of our members living, working or traveling in Texas may be impacted and/or displaced as a result of the tornadoes and severe weather that occurred in the past few days.
BCBSTX is prepared to assist you by:
- Explaining the options for accessing care
- Helping to locate a network provider, hospital or dialysis center
- Assisting with early refills of prescription medications
- Working to ensure transition of care or continuity of care needs are met
- Accessing your member identification information
Please follow these helpful tips:
- For an emergency situation, you should go directly to the nearest hospital.
- For non-emergency care needs, you can call the customer service number on the back of your member ID card to locate a network provider.
- When arriving at the participating doctor's office or hospital, you will need to present your BCBSTX ID card.
- If you do not have your member ID card our customer service representatives will assist you or you can log in to Blue Access for MembersSM to search for a doctor, access your ID card and more.
- BlueCard® participants (indicated by a suitcase on the member ID card) can call the National BlueCard access number to be routed to the appropriate customer service center.
Important Phone Numbers
- BCBSTX Customer Service for all group plan members: 800-521-2227
- BCBSTX Customer Service for individual/family policyholders: 888-697-0683
- BCBSTX Customer Service for Medicare Supplement policyholders: 800-654-9390
- Federal Employee Information: 800-442-4607
- National BlueCard access: 800-810-BLUE (2583)