We understand how important having a healthy baby is to you, so Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (BCBSTX) offers the confidential Special Beginnings maternity program.
Special Beginnings is designed to help you better understand and manage your pregnancy. You will receive the support you need through every stage of pregnancy, including:
- Pregnancy risk factor identification and ongoing communication/monitoring
- Education material covering pregnancy and infant care topics
- Personal telephone contact with program staff from early pregnancy until six weeks after delivery
- Access to an online resource with maternity tools, articles and information
- Assistance in managing high-risk conditions such as gestational diabetes and preeclampsia
Whether this is your first baby or you have other children, Special Beginnings is a wonderful source of information and support during your pregnancy.
Call 888-421-7781, 8 a.m. – 6:30 p.m., CT, to enroll. The first step to having a healthy baby is getting prenatal care, so be sure to enroll in Special Beginnings as soon as you find out you are pregnant.
Expecting a baby? Enroll in Special Beginnings during your first trimester and receive a $50 reward card from Target when you complete the program after delivery. Download the Special Beginnings brochure for a complete overview in English (193 KB) or Spanish (222 KB).
Note: You will need Adobe® Acrobat® Reader to view, save, or print a copy of the documents posted on this website. If you do not already have this program, you can download a free copy from Adobe®.
Special Beginnings is not a substitute for professional medical guidance. It is important to share any health concerns with your physician.