Tips on using the Provider Finder
If you know the specific doctor, hospital, clinic or other provider you need, use the Search by name option to quickly verify whether that provider is in the specific network.
When you know what type of provider you need, such as a pediatrician to care for a child, Search by specialty to narrow the provider listings to a specific field of medicine.
Use the search by facility type option when you want to find a hospital, not a physician. This option is particularly useful if there are multiple medical groups, clinics and hospitals with a similar name in your area.
Narrowing your results
You can refine your result list using the filters that appear on the left side of the page.
You can limit results for physicians so that you only see:
- Board certified physicians
- Providers accepting new patients
- Physicians affiliated with a specific hospital or other health care facility
- Providers with extended office hours
- Providers who practice a particular specialty
- Health care providers who were educated in the United States
- Doctors who speak languages other than English
- Men or women
If you want to narrow your results for facilities, you can set filters based on:
- Showing only Blue Distinction centers
- Whether the hospital has Leapfrog survey data available
- The type of facility