Use the Claim Research Tool for expanded results
Do you, your staff or your billing agent (billing service or clearinghouse) need an easy-to-use administrative solution that provides more information, in less time, at no charge, with printable results?
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (BCBSTX) invites you to consider using the Availity®’ Claim Research Tool (CRT) for expanded claim status information that can help expedite your patient account reconciliation process. This secure, online self-service tool allows Availity-registered users to obtain detailed, line-level claim status information, including reason codes and descriptions. You can use the CRT to conduct an unlimited number of basic or detailed claim status inquiries when it’s most convenient for you, without taking time away from your patients.
Is it really easy to use? Yes! Here is a brief overview to assist you with accessing and navigating the CRT:
- Log on to the Availity portal
- Go to availity.com and enter your user ID and password, then click on Login
- Select “Claims Management,” and then select “Claim Research Tool”
- Select the appropriate payer, then click on Next
- Set your search parameters
- For a Member ID Search:
- Enter the Provider Billing NPI, Member ID, Group Number and service period
- Click Search to go to the Search Results page
- Select the Claim Number for the claim you wish to view to go to the Claim Details page
- For a Claim Number Search:
- Enter the alpha-numeric claim number in the Claim # (DCN) field
- Click on Search to go directly to the Claim Details page
- For a Member ID Search:
- View Claim Details.
- Your search will allow you to view overall claim status and line item details
- You can choose to export or print the information, or conduct a new search
For additional information, refer to the CRT Tip Sheet in the Education and Reference/Provider Tools section of the BCBSTX provider website at bcbstx.com/provider. To learn more about other electronic options available to independently contracted providers, contact your Provider Network Representative.
You must be registered with Availity to utilize the CRT. For registration information and to learn more about Availity’s online resources and services, visit availity.com. Or, contact Availity Client Services at 800-AVAILITY (800-282-4548).
Availity is a registered trademark of Availity, L.L.C.
Availity is a third-party vendor, and BCBSTX makes no endorsement, representations or warranties regarding any products or services offered by this vendor. Availity is solely responsible for the products and services it offers. If you have any questions regarding the products or services offered by Availity, you should contact them directly.