Reminder: BCBSTX Now Administering its Integrated Behavioral Health Program
As of January 1, 2011, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (BCBSTX) began administering its new Behavioral Health program for all non-HMO members*, replacing Magellan Health Services. The new program offers integrated behavioral health care management with medical care management to provide members more personal attention and support.
The following program information and updates have been posted on the bcbstx.com/provider website, under Clinical Resources:
- Important program details, including preauthorization and outpatient services
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) – (Shaded areas indicate an update was made)
- Program fliers for providers and members
- New fax number and PO Box address
- Provider Manual, reference materials and forms
If you have any questions, please contact your local Professional Provider Network representative.
*The Behavioral Health program is available only to those members whose health plans include behavioral health benefits through BCBSTX.