Blue Medicare Advantage
If you are located in Bastrop, Burnet, Caldwell, Collin, Dallas, Denton, Ellis, Fayette, Fort Bend, Grayson, Harris, Hays, Johnson, Lee, Montgomery, Rockwall, Tarrant, Travis, or Williamson counties, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (BCBSTX) would like to extend the opportunity to you for participation as a provider in the Blue Medicare Advantage plan.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (BCBSTX) has been approved to begin offering, effective January 1, 2013, a Medicare Advantage preferred provider plan that offers improved health benefits for Medicare beneficiaries. Blue Medicare Advantage affords more comprehensive benefits at a lower cost for Medicare beneficiaries, whenever they access care through a participating provider.
BCBSTX believes that our long standing history in providing affordable health care coverage to the people of Texas, our strong brand recognition, and our historical relationship with Medicare makes BCBSTX an excellent choice for seniors seeking new health coverage opportunities.
BCBSTX needs your network participation for this program to be successful. In order to participate in Blue Medicare Advantage, physicians and other professional providers:
- Must be a participating BlueChoice physician or other professional provider
- Must have privileges at one of the Blue Medicare Advantage participating hospitals (unless inpatient admissions are uncommon or not required for the physician's or professional provider's specialty)
- Must have a valid National Provider Identifier (NPI) number
- Must sign a Blue Medicare Advantage amendment to his/her BlueChoice agreement
- Cannot have opted-out of Medicare or have any sanctions or reprimands by any licensing authority or review organizations
Note: Additional credentialing will not be required for those physicians or other professional providers already credentialed in the BlueChoice network and whose recredentialing is current.
If you have any questions regarding this plan and are interested in participating, please feel free to contact your local Professional Provider Network office:
Austin — 800-336-5696 or 512-349-4847
Dallas — 800-749-0966 or 972-766-8900
Houston — 800-637-0171, press 3 or 713-663-1149
Or go to How to Join BCBSTX Provider Networks and follow the steps.
Blue Medicare Advantage Supplement (Physician and other Professional Providers)
Blue Medicare Advantage Supplement (Facility and Ancillary Providers)