Education and Reference
Cultural and Linguistic Provider Resources
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas recognizes the importance of providing culturally and linguistically appropriate health care related services to members. To support providers in this effort, we provide educational material on providing culturally competent care, access to telephonic and face-to-face interpreters, as well as guidelines for assessing the bilingual capability of provider office staff.
- Cultural Competency Toolkit
- Interpreter Services Desktop Reference Form
- Interpreter Attendance Verification Form
- Employee Language Self Assessment Tool Form
To request more information on the BCBSTX Medicaid (STAR) and CHIP Cultural and Linguistic program please contact the Texas Medicaid Network Department at 512-349-4876.
- Submit Texas Health Steps Claims on CMS-1500
- Include Benefit code "EP1" in field 11
- Diagnosis code "V20.2"
- No rendering National Provider Identifier required for Texas Health Steps
- No requirement to bill Other Insurance Coverage for Texas Health Steps
THSteps and CHIP Preventive visits may be performed on the same day as Acute Care services. However, services must be billed on separate claim forms
Texas Health Steps Educational Information
- Children of Migrant Farm Workers
- DME/Medical Supplies
- Frew v Janek Consent Decree and Corrective Action Orders
- Medical Transportation Program Services
- Member Complaints Appeals Fair Hearing
- Pharmacy Services
- TX Health Steps Benefits
- TX Health Steps Periodicity and Checkup Elements
- Texas Health Steps Provider Outreach Referral Form
For BCBSTX CHIP members, use the Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas preventive care forms. These forms are located under the Medicaid (STAR) and CHIP Clinical Practice Tools Tab.