Eligibility and Benefits Inquiry (HIPAA 270/271)
Note: The following information is available to help you gain familiarity with the web capabilities offered through Availity®.
An eligibility and benefits inquiry should be completed for every patient at every visit to confirm membership, verify coverage and determine other important information, such as the patient's co-pay, co-insurance and deductible amounts.
Eligibility and benefits inquiries may be completed online easily and efficiently using the Availity Eligibility and Benefits Inquiry.
To gain access to Availity's Eligibility and Benefits Inquiry, you must be registered with Availity .
For assistance in confirming real-time patient eligibility and benefits, please use the following reference guide:
- General Eligibility and Benefits Professional Tip Sheet
- General Eligibility and Benefits Facility Tip Sheet
Also available to use are the following Eligibility and Benefits Tip Sheets:
- Eligiblity and Benefits for Behavioral Health
- Eligiblity and Benefits for Chiropractic
- Eligiblity and Benefits for Family Practice and Internal Medicine
- Eligiblity and Benefits for OB/GYN
- Eligiblity and Benefits for Oncology
- Eligiblity and Benefits for Pediatrics
- Eligiblity and Benefits for Physical Therapy
For details related to type of and place of treatment, refer to these online tip sheets:
Availity is a registered trademark of Availity, L.L.C., and independent third party vendor.