BlueExtrasSM — More ways to save money
Through the BlueExtras discount program, all Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (BCBSTX) members are eligible to save money on value-added health care products and services that help support healthy lifestyles. There are no claims to file, no referrals and no pre-authorizations. And there is no additional fee to participate — it's just one more benefit of being a BCBSTX member!
The BlueExtras discount program does not affect premiums. The product and service costs from accessing these discounted services do not count toward benefit maximums and/or plan deductibles.
Vision Discount Program
Davis Vision® offers BCBSTX members discounts on eye exams through a national network of ophthalmologists, optometrists and opticians. Additional savings include discounts on eyewear, including frames, lenses, and lens options and permanent and disposable contact lenses. Visit Davis Vision or call 800-501-1459 for more information.
Members can also receive discounts on laser vision correction services through the TLC/TruVisionTM network plus great savings on replacement contact lenses through the Lens 1 2 3 Mail Order Contact Lens Replacement Program. Call TLC/TruVision at 877-882-2020 or Lens 1 2 3 at 800-LENS-123/(800-536-7123) for more information.
Hearing Aid Discount Program
TruHearing® saves you money on digital hearing aids. Plus you can have your hearing tested for no additional charge when performed for the purpose of fitting a hearing instrument by a licensed hearing specialist. Enjoy a 45-day money back guarantee, a three-year warranty and a selection of hearing aid styles at various price levels. Visit TruHearing or call 800-687-4796 and specify BCBSTX for more information.
Weight Management and Fitness Discount Programs
BCBSTX members and their covered dependents can join Life Time Fitness®, Jenny Craig®, or Seattle Sutton’s Healthy Eating® to begin a weight management or fitness program and save money at the same time! Regular monthly fees still apply, and franchisee participation may vary.
- Life Time Fitness has created a complete health and fitness experience. Members will discover that Life Time Fitness has something for everyone, no matter the fitness level, interests, experience, schedule or budget. Visit Life Time Fitness for more information, including locations and amenities.
- Jenny Craig can help members achieve weight loss goals. Through one-on-one support provided by a trained weight loss consultant, in-person at a local centre or through Jenny Craig At Home, members will receive a tailored program. To find the nearest Jenny Craig Centre, or to enroll in Jenny Direct – the at-home program – members can call 877-Jenny70 (877-536-6970) or visit Jenny Craig
- Seattle Sutton’s Healthy Eating offers participants convenient delivery or pick-up (based on the participant’s location) of freshly prepared, calorie-controlled meals designed to help with weight loss and management of certain health conditions. To find locations or learn more about this offer, call 800-442-DIET (800-442-3438) or visit Seattle Sutton
Complementary Alternative Medicine Discount Programs
Complementary Alternative Medicine (CAM) includes a variety of therapies that may help to improve a member’s health, prevent illness and address existing symptoms and conditions. This program offers BCBST members:
- Access to the Healthways WholeHealthMD network of more than 35,000 practitioners, spas, and wellness and fitness centers
- Up to 30 percent off standard fees
- Discounts on vitamins, herbal supplements and health-related magazines
Visit WholeHealthMD or call 866-656-6069 for more information. Note that some plans may provide benefits for chiropractic, physical, occupational and other therapies, as well as certain registered dietitian services.
To nominate practitioners to the CAM program, contact email@example.com
The relationship between these vendors and Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (BCBSTX) is that of independent contractors.
BlueExtras is a discount program available to BCBSTX members. Some of the services offered through BlueExtras may be covered under a member's health plan. Members should refer to their benefit booklet or call the customer service number on the back of the ID card for specific benefit information. Use of BlueExtras does not affect a member’s premium, nor do costs of BlueExtras' services or products count toward a calendar year or lifetime maximums and/or plan deductibles. Discounts are only available through participating vendors.
BCBSTX does not guarantee or make any claims or recommendations regarding the services or products offered under BlueExtras. Members may want to consult with their physician prior to use of these services and products.
BCBSTX reserves the right to discontinue or change this discount program at any time without notice.
* Proof of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas coverage is required. The $0 enrollment fee offer is available only to new membership contracts beginning July 1, 2009 or after. An administrative fee applies to all memberships ($85 for Single and $95 for Couple and Family memberships). Monthly dues and state taxes may also apply and will vary by location. Membership prices, dues and fees are subject to change at any time. Other restrictions may apply. See a Life Time Fitness Member Advisor for details. Always check with the Life Time Fitness club in your area for the current promotional offer, which is subject to change.