Our Blue Care Connection* portfolio of Integrated Total Health Management Programs spans the continuum of care and intensity of intervention to provide members with resources to better manage their health. Blue Care Connection is provided to groups in this segment at no additional cost to your client. It includes the following:
- Well onTargetSM – Wellness involves making healthy choices that enrich the mind, body and spirit. Well onTarget is a program designed to give your employees the tools and support they need, while rewarding them for making healthy choices. To guide them in making healthy choices, participants will have access to a convenient, secure website which includes a health assessment, interactive tools and information as well as a points reward program.
- Blue Care Advisor – Care advisors assist members who have certain chronic health conditions or are at risk for medical complications. They help members navigate the health care system and provide information about their conditions. The goal is to help members find the right resources, optimize their health care benefits, and manage any medical conditions.
- Utilization and Case Management – These programs can help members understand their benefits and identify health care resources. The member or the attending physician should call Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (BCBSTX), before a member is admitted into the hospital. The toll-free number and notification requirements are on the back of the identification card.
- Behavioral Health* – Licensed behavioral health professionals help members access services and offer support with co-existing medical conditions or disorders such as anxiety, depression, etc.
- 24/7 Nurseline – Members can call the 24/7 Nurseline for answers to health-related questions 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Plus, they can learn about more than 1,000 health topics over the telephone using the audio library system.
- Special Beginnings®' – This program helps pregnant members and their babies get off to a healthy start by providing educational materials and support, pregnancy risk factor identification, ongoing communication/monitoring and access to an online resource center. Members are supported from early pregnancy through six weeks after delivery.
- Fitness Program – Regular exercise is an essential part of healthier living. Members and their covered dependents (age 18 and older) are eligible to participate in the Fitness Program and receive a flexible membership that allows them unlimited access to a network of more than 8,000 independently contracted fitness centers nationwide.
*Blue Care Connection (BCC) is available to most Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (BCBSTX) members; however, some BCC programs and services may not be available to individual plan members or to groups who selected another health services vendor. Members can verify if they have access to BCC programs and services by calling the Customer Service number on the back of their ID cards, or by contracting their employer group benefits administrators.
Portions of the Well onTarget program are available to all BCBSTX employees except for some individual plans or a few groups who have selected another health services vendor. Employees can check with their group benefits administrators for additional information.
Well onTarget is a service mark of Health Care Service Corporation, a Mutual Legal Reserve Company
The Behavioral Health program is available only to those members whose health plans include behavioral health benefits through BCBSTX. Check your benefits or coverage documents, ask your group administrator or call Customer Service to verify that you have these services.
The Special Beginnings Prenatal Program is available only to those members whose benefit plan includes maternity benefits through BCBSTX. Members should check their benefits or coverage documents or call Customer Service to verify that they have coverage for services.
The Fitness Program is provided by Healthways, Inc., an independent contractor which administers the Prime Network of fitness centers. The Prime Network is made up of independently-owned and managed fitness centers.