Diversity at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas refers to human differences and similarities among employees, customer and key constituents that affect the:
- Overall success of the individual employee and the company
- Work and business environments
- Satisfaction of its customers
- Perceptions of the community and general public of its products and services
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas has had a company wide diversity initiative since the 1990's. The goal of diversity at BCBS of Texas is to create and nurture a work environment that:
- Encourages all employees to contribute their unique talents
- Makes available the diversity of ideas and opinions needed to achieve our business objectives.
- Is open to the diverse skills, ideas and perspectives of all employees
- Responds to the varied needs of our increasingly diverse customers
- Maximizes individual, team and organizational performance
The mission of diversity is to foster a diverse work environment where all employees are valued, enabled to positively contribute to Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas' business objectives and are recognized and rewarded accordingly.
Through the commitment and leadership of senior management, we strive to weave diversity into the way we manage and interact as employees, and serve and interact with our customers, providers and the community by:
- Creating a more open and inclusive culture
- Aligning diversity initiatives with other business strategies
- Enhancing diversity management skills among all employees
Learn more on Connect
Get answers. Share information. Gain knowledge.